We Can Do It Cheaper - Nothing Is Cheaper Than Free!

The Virginia House


I got to tell you, I almost passed these little pups up. My husband, Derek thought that it was a walker and I thought it was one of those handicap seats you use in the bathtub. Yeah, they looked that ugly.
See for yourself.

Hooooweee, check out them Dr. Scholls Hospital Sneakers on them thangs! Took those little boogers off first thing.

Soooo... there they sat on the curb, just waiting for some sucker to pick them up. Eeee, I need to mention that this was my next door neighbors curb, so I had to sneak down there under the cloak of night, grab all three and hoof it back to my house before anyone saw me. There is just something a little humbling about stealing another mans trash.

But then again, what they say is true! "One Mans Trash Is Another Mans Treasure!"
And, here we go...

Yes, there are 3 of them, but I painted the other one black, so it doesn't match these two.

I once again used my favorite stuff, Citristrip to take most of the paint right off.(still not quite done. I plan on taking a little more paint off)

I sanded down the tops, beat them up (remind me not to do this in front of my kids again! I've got dents in all my furniture now!), stained them and painted the numbers on them.

These little ladies will be going with me to Antique Alley to meet their new owners (I hope).
So, total cost? Yuh,FREE! Taint nuth'n better I say.

Show me watcha got!
1. Only link your post URL, not your blogs address!
2. Be sure to take that button at the top with you so that everyone can know where you're linking up!
3. Please only link crafts, DIY projects and the like. I don't want to delete your link!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts