My 30th Birthday Presents!

I turned 30 yesterday!!! Crazy to say it out loud and even crazier to type it so that you all now know how old I am. In all honesty I feel like I'm still 19. I truly believe that age is just a number and you are what you feel.

Therefore I had a great celebration with friends and family Saturday night when they threw a surprise party for me over at my sisters house. Was I surprised? Nah, but I was surprised to see my little sister there from VA with two of her little kiddos. We had a great time, minus my husband getting sick and having to miss the whole thing:-(
Anyway, I wanted to show off some of the neat stuff I got.
One of my friends makes these and I've been wanting one every since we did Antique Alley together. Want one? I might be able to get him to sell another one or two....
My mom and husband gave me a TON of amazing new books to look through when I get a moment.
My sister also gave me some magazines, including a Flea Market Style that I can't wait to dive into. (huh? How does one "dive" into a magazine?)
Another one of my sisters (remember I have 3) gave me this cute little red chair that I can't wait to add to my collection of mismatched ones for my dining room. I love that it's red, it kinda jumps out at you. My mom took a plain old metal pitcher and painted it to look like an enamel one. Doesn't it look so great!
My mom also gave me the bucket on the left and my oldest sister gave me the watering can. She must know the sad state of my drooping posies.

Of course there where more but I don't want to brag or anything;-) Thanks you all!!! And a very special thank you to my husband who was so sad that he couldn't be there, but he keeps me happy each day so I'm going to keep him around. (he is still in bed with strep throat. Ugh)

Another thank you to Kristine over at The Painted Hive for featuring my table and the stools I did. I really owe it to her since her creativity is what sparked my ideas for those projects.

I've been busy with family and will be busy again for the next few days, so I'll try to catch up later!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts