Choosing a rug for the living room

The living room is quickly coming along, but it's still missing an area rug. In our old apartment, we had a beautiful white, shag rug - at least it was beautiful, until our dog decided to "decorate" it with you-know-what. More than once. So the new rug needs to be durable, stain resistant and easy-to-clean (and I want it to look good, too).

I've been daydreaming about an 8' x 10' seagrass or jute rug, and here are a few of the rugs I've stumbled across.


This Classic Home - Natural Seagrass Rug from CSN Stores is exactly what I'm looking for - plus it's 20% off the $456 price tag.

I really like the diamond pattern of this Stanton Carpet outdoor seagrass rug - also from CSN Stores - but the $638 price tag is a little steep (even if it is 20% off).



I also like the subtle pattern of this sisal rug from Sears (for $400), but the 5'3" x 7'7" size is a bit too small for our living room.



Then there's Ikea's Tarnby rug. It's a great buy at just $149, but the nearest Ikea is in Montreal, which means it's not really an option.










So, no clear winners yet. The future husband and I are driving down to MA at the end of the month to spend Easter with my extended family, so I'm thinking about trying to convince him to go rug shopping then. He'll likely consider it a form of torture, so keep your fingers crossed for me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts