Spray painted lamps DIY

I found these matching lamps on Kijiji:


It was a beautiful day on Sunday, so while Adam raked the lawn, I decided to spray paint. I started by taping off the parts of the lamps I didn't want to get paint on and then shook my can of spray paint like crazy for 1-2 minutes (that's our dog Maddie checking out my set up).



Next, I applied multiple thin coats of spray paint, allowing 1-2 minutes of drying time between coats. I've learned the hard way that there are two keys to a good paint job: keep the can 6-8 inches away from the surface you're painting and keep your paint can moving at all times (kind of like you're conducting an orchestra). The whole job took about 15 minutes (including 10 minutes of drying time).


And here's one inside, where the colour isn't quite so smurf-like. Lights off:


And lights on...


during the daytime, so admittedly it's not all that dramatic. I'm really happy with how these lamps turned out - I think it's my best spray painting job to-date. Now I'm on the hunt for some new bedside tables. I want something a little lighter, a little less clunky, and with storage (of course, you've never seen our bedside tables, so you have no idea what I'm talking about - pictures to come, I promise).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts