Easy rhubarb compote

As soon as spring was up and running, Adam and I discovered a rhubarb plant growing in our front bed. I was thrilled - I love rhubarb - but I had no idea what to do with it.


Then I discovered an easy recipe for rhubarb compote. When I got home from work on Friday, I harvested a large handful of rhubarb (after watching a video tutorial - I'm a total nerd, what can I say?), washed it, chopped it up, and tossed it in a pot.



I added about a 1/4 cup of tightly packed brown sugar and a couple of tablespoons of water, and let the whole thing cook (covered) on low heat until the rhubarb was nice and tender (about 15 minutes).



Then all I had to do was let it cool (it stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days). Adam and I tried some over vanilla frozen yogurt that night and it was delicious! In a mason jar tied with a pretty ribbon, it also makes a great gift.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts