Painting the guest room


These tulips came from our front yard - how awesome is that?! It's the first time I've had a yard to pick flowers from, so I'm pretty excited about it. Unfortunately they've since opened and most of the petals fell off, haha.

Over the past week, I've spent most of my free time trying to whip our guest room into shape. We're not expecting any house guests until the wedding, but I figure I'll have enough to do by then, so no harm in getting started now.

Here are a couple of photos of what we started with: basic brown walls, doors that some creature used as scratching posts, ugly carpets, dingy trim, etc. You can't see all the holes in the walls and trim, but I spent a good half hour spackling and it's a small room.



And this is what is looks like now:


Haha, yeah I've still got a lot of work to do. You're witnessing my painting strategy, also know as piling everything in the centre of the room. I've painted the walls - we repeated our bathroom wall colour - and put a fresh coat of creamy white paint on the trim (this picture doesn't do the transformation justice), and this weekend I'm going to tackle those banged-up doors. I've also got some fun DIY projects planned for this room, so stay tuned! And as a hint, here's the inspiration photo for my colour palette:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts