Guest room progress

I've done a lot of work in our guest room since we moved in, so I thought I'd share my progress - along with some of the projects that are still on my 'to do' list. After filling tons of nail holes, I gave the trim, window and walls a fresh coat of paint (when we install new flooring, we'll paint the ceiling too). I also sewed new cushions for a thrifted and spraypainted bamboo chair and transformed a basic floor lamp by adding a new painted shade.



I sewed these curtains for our old apartment's dining room and they were the inspiration for this room's colour palette. The dresser was a hand-me-down from Adam's parents that I painted and added new hardware.

The fabric headboard was another DIY project. I still need to hang some art above the bed and add a couple of accent pillows, and we'd eventually like to upgrade our guests from a futon to a real bed (although I find sleeping on the futon kind of fun - it reminds me of my mattress-on-a-floor college days).

(New doors have been purchased, but still need to be painted and hung).

This gorgeous little desk/vanity was another hand-me-down from Adam's parents. I added new knobs and I'm on the hunt for an upholstered x-bench like one of these. The books are a temporary placeholder - they'll be replaced with a laptop when this becomes my little blogging spot (I'm big on ripping pages out of magazines for inspiration, hence the bulletin board).


The patterned box holds all my office supplies and I filled my silver-leafed frame with this free chair printable from Danielle Oakey Interiors - so cute!


So there you have it. I've still got a few things to do to make this room complete, but it's well on it way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts