Bedroom mood board (take 2)

On Wednesday, Adam and I moved out of the guestroom and back into our bedroom. We've got a pretty crazy set-up going on right now (picture a bed and dresser pushed together in the middle of the room, surrounded by a ladder, painting supplies and a dog bed), but I have a seriously sore shoulder (do you think it has something to do with the constant sanding, patching, priming, and sleeping on a futon for the past few weeks?) and needed to sleep in a real bed.

Anyway, while Adam and I were laying in bed catching up on episodes of Parks and Recreation (Treat Yo Self), I started looking at the walls and thinking about our neutral colour scheme...and it just didn't feel right. So I subtracted a few elements and added a few others and came up with this:


  1. I revamped the colour scheme to include some colour (go figure). I love this light grey colour for the walls (Benjamin Moore's Alaskan Husky), which acts as a soothing backdrop for champagne, charcoal and green accents.
  2. Since I already DIY'ed one, the black and white lamp stays.
  3. I'd like to add a neutral accent chair to the room (this one is from West Elm) and a cozy throw will bring in some darker colour.
  4. These night stands from Ikea are very similar to the ones I recently refurbished, but I still need to find some eye-catching pulls.
  5. Accessories like this Crate and Barrel vase are a great way to add pops of colour to the room without breaking the bank.
  6. I found this black and white striped pillow on Etsy, but I'd love to sew something similar for our dog Maddie to sleep on (of course it needs to be removable so I can throw it in the wash).
  7. This is our current dresser with a little photoshop colour treatment. If only it were that easy in real life! Painting our dresser a similar shade of green is now on my to-do list.
  8. I'm keeping the white bedding, which we already have, but I'm going to DIY an upholstered headboard in a charcoal grey.
  9. I'm NOT sewing another set of 9-ft. curtain panels, so our silky champagne set stays (these curtains are from West Elm, but the ones I made are very similar). They add a little glamour to the room and help disguise the off-centre window behind our bed.
So that's the new plan. I'm head-over-heels in love, but what do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts