Designing around a television

The negative space above our television has always bothered me, but I didn't know what to do about it...


We've started to build a gallery wall behind the couch (opposite the tv), so I want to keep the area above the tv light and airy...

I feel the need to remind you that I'm planning to replace that light fixture...and the couch.
As luck would have it, Andrea from Strawberry Chic is talking about designing a wall with a tv today and she came up with a great solution - adding a bookshelf over the tv! I'd seen this idea on Danielle Oakey Interiors and I love how she added interest above the tv, but still managed to keep it light and airy. 

Photo via Danielle Oakey Interiors
I'm sold! It will also be the perfect place to display the vintage French tin I won in 8foot6's giveaway!

Photo via 8foot6
I can't tell you how exciting this is for me guys - I never win anything! I'm pretty sure the only other thing I've ever won was a raffle draw in the ninth grade, and I was too shy to go up to collect my prize (I don't even know what I won).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts