DIY twine vase

Last night I started out with plans to quickly switch out the dried hydrangeas on our mantle for something more fall-like and somehow ended up with a glue gun in one hand and twine in the other. Here's the final product:



All of the flowers came from our garden and the vase was one I already had on hand - I just used a little hot glue to attach one end of the twine to the vase, wrapped it tightly and then glued the other end to keep it all in place (which means it can easily be removed later). As for the vase that was on our mantle, I filled it with a few handfuls of leaves from the yard and some chinese lantern flowers from our garden:


It needs some more height on the mantle, so I need to find something to stack underneath it. The shallow mantle makes that a challenge - maybe a few small books?

Linked up here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts