Week One: Design Styles

Happy Halloween! Halloween kind of snuck up on me this year - Adam and I never even got around to carving our pumpkins! I'm not a huge Halloween fan (I can't handle being scared - we watched 'Paranormal Activity' last night and I immediately regretted it when I had to get up in the dark this morning), but I love handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters so I'm looking forward to that tonight :)

Last week I went to the first session of an intro to interior design class I'm taking and it was awesome! Looking at pictures of interiors and talking about furniture for 2.5 hours is my idea of a perfect evening haha. We started with a broad overview of different design styles. Years of magazine and blog reading has familiarized me with various styles, but it was so interesting to break down each style's characteristics and evolution, and to learn how to identify which design style a particular piece of furniture belongs to. My favourite style is definitely eclectic, so here's some eclectic inspiration to start your week!






Images 1/2/3/4/5 via pinterest, no source :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts