Painted nightstands


I'm still working on snapping some photos of my master bedroom progress, so I thought I'd share a few pictures of my DIY'ed nightstands in the meantime. That's my side of the bed in the pictures above (for the record, my alarm clock is 10 minutes fast), complete with my spraypainted Value Village lamp and my copy of Deborah Needleman's The Perfectly Imperfect Home, which is worth purchasing for Canadian Virginia Johnson's beautiful watercolours alone. Anyway, you may remember that the nightstands used to look like this:


I purchased them at a yardsale for $10 each over the summer. I did some light sanding, painted them white and added new hardware (I'm thinking about adding some trim around the bottom to dress 'em up a little too). I found these cool knobs at a local boutique and I love how they add some interest to the nightstands' plain fronts. I used a gift certificate, but I think they were around $4 each, which would still put the cost of each nightstand at less than $25!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts