Pinterest Challenge: DIY bunting flags art


I was pretty excited when I heard about the Pinterest Challenge, mostly because it was a good kick in the butt to finish this DIY bunting flags art I've been thinking about. It's a combination of two pins on my inspiration boards:


Lindsay's gorgeous DIY bunting flags and...


Emily's cute above-the-bed art.

So over the weekend I grabbed some supplies - including Lindsay's bunting flags template - and sketched a couple of 'strings' across my dollar store canvases with a Sharpie. After cutting out the flags, I used Modge Podge to attach them to the canvases (I applied two thin coats over the entire surface of the canvases). Once the canvases were dry, I used upholstery tacks to attach the twine to the frames and hung them on some rustic-looking nails in our guest bedroom.




I love the colours they add to the room and I think they'd look so cute in a nursery (which we hope this room will be someday). Not bad for a $10 art project and a huge thanks to Lindsay for sharing her inspiring work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts