Door inspiration

via
I hope everyone had a fun, relaxing weekend. I wasn't feeling too well, so while I was in bed watching episode after episode of Dexter, Adam got some more work done in the basement. We're thisclose to painting...I just need to pick a colour!

As soon as the basement is done, the next project on the list is staining our new interior doors. The picture above my inspiration - I love the contrast between the dark wood and the white walls. I chose a dark walnut stain for our solid pine doors and man is it stinky! Stinky enough that the doors have to be stained in the garage for ventilation. Unforunately our garage looks like an episode of Hoarders right now (I wish I was exaggerating), so until we can move a few things into the basement (OK, we also have a bunch of stuff to get rid of) there's just no room in there for door staining. For now I'm staring at this picture and fantasizing about how great those doors are going to look. And how awesome it will be to have doorknobs again.

Have you had to put any projects on hold lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts