All 'Jacked' Up...

Okay, so I said I would never do it but I caved. I fell into the trap. I painted a Union Jack piece! 
Now, I can't say that I loved painting this piece at the beginning. I searched all over for a tutorial and no one really gave full detail (and now I know why) of how to paint this design. 

Now, I know you all are thinking, "What's so hard about painting some stripes and lines?" Well, it's not as easy as you'd think especially when you're like me and just want to GIT ER DONE!

 I guess if I'd really thought out the process of laying the tape from the beginning, it would've been a whole lot easier! 

But, alas, I did not. This baby took me two days to fully paint and tape and another couple of days to wax and finish. Now, granted, I AM doing this in the midst of some massive sleep deprivation thanks to our new, sweet little one. 

I am, however, in love with it. And, I am so much more appreciative of the time, talent and skill it takes to accomplish this look. 

And one more confession...I think I am addicted to painting them now so don't be surprised if you see them popping up on more of my pieces! 

I will have to post of tutorial for this when I attempt my second piece. Until then, enjoy my "mess up" photos...

I went from this...

To this...

To this...
Table before wax

And voila!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts