Painted storage boxes

We've all got things in our homes that we once loved but aren't so sweet on anymore, right? Like these storage boxes. Nothing wrong with them, I was just tired of the colour and wanted something different. I thought about replacing them, until my cheapy side chimed in: why not paint them?


So I broke out my Zinsser odorless oil-based primer and got to work:


Michaels had several colours of Martha Stewart's multi-surface craft paint on clearance, so I snapped them up. You don't actually have to use primer with these paints, but I had the primer on hand and didn't want to waste time applying coat after coat of craft paint just to cover the stripes. I chose Sea Lavender from my new colour stash - a really pretty pale blue - and three thin coats later, I had a brand new set of boxes:


I allowed the boxes to dry overnight so I could stack them without worrying about messing up my paint job. I love how they turned out and I especially love that it only cost me $1.49!

Linked up with Thrifty Decor Chick's Spring Paint Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts