Nursery plans

Now that the new floors are in, I can finally start decorating the nursery! I've been collecting a few things here and there, and pinning away of course, but last night I put together my first moodboard for the room (while I love storing inspiration and ideas on Pinterest, moodboards help me visualize the final space and give me something to work from - and stay focused on - as the room comes together).

I was inspired by both of these seriously gorgeous nurseries and I want to create a similarly bright, cheery, simple and fun design for my room.

via

via HGTV.ca
Oh, and since we've decided to be surprised by the gender, the room has to be suitable for a boy or a girl. Here's the plan so far...


1 - I made these curtains a couple years ago (using Sandi Henderson's Spring Petal Party fabric) and I'd love to use them in the nursery. The only problem is that they're a wee bit short if I want to hang them a few inches from the ceiling (I do). I'm thinking about adding solid green panels to the bottom, but I may end up making entirely new curtains from a different green fabric.

2 - It's a small room and I definitely want to incorporate some open shelving for storage. I'd also like to bring in some texture with baskets for hidden storage.

3 - My DIY bunting flag art will definitely be incorporated into the room. Right now I'm thinking about hanging them over the crib.

4 - We purchased a crib and mattress a while ago and now I'm researching a safe way to paint the crib a bright aqua or tiffany blue.

5 - I also already purchased this Serena & Lily crib sheet when it was on sale a while back. I love the reddish-orange colour and pattern, and I think it will look great against the aqua crib.

6 - This is the RENS Sheepskin from Ikea, but I'd like to get the real thing from the Lismore Sheep Farm here in Nova Scotia (as vegetarians, Adam and I are still struggling with whether this is a purchase we feel comfortable making or not, so a trip to the farm is probably in order before we make our decision).

7 - I wish I could say I'll be getting the real thing, but there's absolutely no way I could convince Adam to drop that kind of money on a chair. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for an afforable reproduction that ships to Canada.

8 - I know I'm behind the trend on the stick-on wall art, but I've always wanted to try it and a nursery seemed like the perfect place. I bought the Animals Alphabet a few weeks ago and I like that it's cute and colourful without being too over-the-top.

9 - I also bought this Giraffes print on etsy. The colours are perfect for the room and I've been weirdly obsessed with giraffes lately...

10 - I couldn't find a picture of Chapters' yellow Giraffe bookend (which I already bought), so I included the lion. Consider this a public declaration that I won't purchase any other giraffe-related items for the room :)

11 - A hand-me-down dresser from Adam's parents that I painted pistachio green and definitely want to use in the room. It's too high to double as a changing table, so I'm still trying to decide whether to buy a changing table, try building one into the closet or forgo one altogether. Any advice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts