DIY paint-dipped chair


After getting inspired a couple of weeks ago, I finally tackled my first paint-dipped furniture project! It's a super easy and inexpensive way to transform a boring piece of furniture into a piece you'll love.


I started with an old Ikea dining chair from our basement and bought a CIL paint tester in Dramatic Coral from Home Depot (I think it was around $4-$5).


Supplies:
  • Chair
  • Paint
  • Painter's tape
  • Foam brush
After cleaning off my chair, I measured and taped off the areas I didn't want to paint.


Over a few evenings after work, I used my foam brush to apply several coats of paint. It took about five coats to get a really solid finish, but you could always prime first and use less paint. When your final coat is dry, peel off your tape and you're done!


I originally planned to use this chair in our guest room (now that the nursery's done, the guest room is next), but I've decided to steal it for our bedroom instead.

Psst...have you entered my giveaway yet? Click here to make sure you don't miss out! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts