Fall Pinterest Challenge: DIY monogrammed coasters



It's time for another Pinterest Challenge, which means I've completed another project I probably wouldn't have otherwise (you can check out my past Pinterest projects here and here). I was inspired by these DIY coasters from Penelope & Pip, but I decided to add my own twist with a monogram (I grabbed a stamp at Michael's for $1.50). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pre-cut coasters, so I made my own out of cork tiles. Another option would be to paint over some coasters you already own.

Here's the how-to:



  1. Gather your supplies.
  2. Trace the shape of your coaster onto your cork. I used a coaster I already had on hand.
  3. Cut out your coasters using an exacto knife, then smooth out the edges with some fine grit sandpaper.
  4. Tape off your coasters and brush on your first paint colour. Apply as many coats as needed (I did three for the pink and two for the gold), but remember to remove the tape while your paint is still wet. Once your first colour is dry, tape off the coaster to apply your second colour. The last step is to apply your stamp and seal your coasters with a clear glaze.

And now you can enjoy your pretty, personalized coasters with a glass of wine :)


Psst! Make sure you check out all the Fall Pinterest projects here, here, here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts