DIY finger puppets


I made these finger puppets over the weekend as a birthday gift for my niece. They were super easy to make  and I love how they turned out. If you're interested in making your own, read on for the how-to.



  1. I drew my pieces freehand and figured out what I needed by looking at a few examples online, but you can also find printable templates on Pinterest. To create the same puppets I made, you'll need templates for the body (with and without arms), various heads, a mane for the lion, ears for the elephant, and an oval for the dog's snout.
  2. Trace your templates onto felt pieces and cut them out. Remember to make doubles of each body piece and head (for the lion, you'll need two mane pieces, but only one face piece).
  3. Using a glue gun, I glued my body pieces together first (remember to leave the bottom open for your finger!), then sandwiched the body between two head pieces and glued those together. The last step is  to glue on the eyes and any little nose, ear or cheek pieces. I also cut little hearts out of some leftover fabric and glued those on too. 

I hope my niece likes them as much as Adam does - he wants me to make him some, haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts