Making a bedside table out of books

The rooms in our house are all on the teeny side (side note: is teeny smaller than tiny, or is it the other way around?). The guest room is big enough for a queen-sized bed, but there's only a foot of space next to it for a side table. I started browsing through Kijiji's selection of plant stands and somehow ended up on Pinterest (isn't that how it always goes?) looking at this picture:

source: roost
This could be my favourite thing about Pinterest. Or maybe just the Internet in general. How you can be looking for one thing, but end up finding something else entirely. And usually it's something you were looking for a month ago and then forgot about. Or is it just me?

Anyway, I was looking for above-the-bed art ideas, when I spotted the books in this picture. On the floor. Next to the bed. I think you know where I'm going.



Turning stacks of books into furniture is nothing new, but I've always dismissed the idea as kind of silly. I mean, wouldn't you rather read your books? But then we started running out of room on our bookshelves and Adam's parents made him take back his childhood collection of Stephen King novels :) Suddenly it seemed like a good way to put those books to use, instead of letting them sit around in boxes. And truthfully, I love how it looks. I'll let you know how long it takes before someone accidentally knocks it over.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts