the busy mum's race day survival kit

Busy mum's all had lives before their children, and given the chance we still know how to party.  I am off to the races today, its the Melbourne Cup, for those outside Australia, a really big horse race knows as "the race that stops the nation".  So I needed a hat.  I have never been a fan of the old fascinator, looks a little like a bird stuck to  the side of your head, so I decided to go the whole hog and wear an actual bird on my head.  The gorgeous flowers were inspired by this party hat tutorial on Oh Happy Day.  Excellent instructions and I was very pleased with the results, especially once I added the birds.























































So my hat is ready but wish I had this survival kit prepared and ready.  Glorious pink and tortoise shell sunnies from Wayfarer online, a delicious Gucci Bamboo bag in pink, fashion tape to keep all your bits in place and away from the paparazzi by Zodee, and these brilliant fold up shoes from Kindred Sole.  Have you heard of fold up shoes?  They fold in half and very flat so they fit in your purse.  When comfort finally wins out over vanity, after a long day or night in heels, you slip them on and carry your heels home.  No more walking on the pavement in your stockings!!







































Hope you all had a glorious race day!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts