The Dining Table Sneak Peek and A Sweet Holiday Party

Happy Monday, guys! Hope you all have recovered from pounds of stuffing, cranberry sauce and turkey and had time to relax this weekend with family and friends. What? Was that just me who ate pounds of food that day? Oh, well!

Our family picked up our Christmas tree the other night and I've finally gotten around to the beginning of turning our home from drab to fab with holiday décor! Of course, I'll be sharing that with you all as the weeks pass on. It's always such a process for me as I change my mind about what I like and don't like. What needs to go where, etc.

I'd also like to take a moment to say thanks to you all for your kind feedback and comments on my last post. Makes me so happy and fulfilled to know that what God places on my heart to share, is such a blessing to so many of you. Really is amazing. Thank you.

Now, on to the dining room. If you'll remember this post, I was in quite a dilemma trying to figure out how to begin decorating the dining area in our home. I really had decorator's block, if you will, and could not think of which way to go in the space so I sent out an SOS to you all!

I decided to begin with what will be the "centerpiece" of the space-the dining table.

I follow Kelli over at Restore Interiors and have gotten to know her a bit {she's a Bama Girl BTW} and absolutely love her personality, her talent, style and her love and passion for design. She posted a tutorial a few weeks back about how to achieve a faux zinc look. I had to try it. At the time, I wasn't really sure what I would paint.

I remember a few years back I was literally salivating over a table in the Ballard Designs catalog. I think it was over $1,000 and I knew there was no way I was going to spend that much on a table for a home that wasn't our permanent home. And, if you're like me, I always take it as a challenge to duplicate the look and style of expensive pieces. {Not a bit competitive, not at all...}

So, once I'd decided that my next project would be our dining area, I remembered the tutorial from Kelli and set out to get it done! Or, at least start it! Here's a pic of how it turned out. I really like it and it was even kid approved by my daughter. She walked in as I was waxing it and said, "Wow, mom, it actually looks like metal!" Yes. Yes, it does. Thank you very much! Always feels good to get the thumbs up from your kiddos!


IMG_3568
I love how the finish makes it look like real metal.
 
 
Now, do you remember what the table looked like before? I really should have taken some close-up before photos. It was pretty bad. Chipped. Original wood beginning to show through. We've had it for over 6 years. It was time for a change.
 
IMG_3384
Looks way better in this pic than it did in real life.
 
 
And another pic of the after...
 
 
I call it my galvanized metal look. Mine didn't turn out much link zinc but I am still absolutely in love with it!
 
Thanks to some major computer issues, no watermark on this one or full images of the entire space or table today. So sorry but I promise that as I continue to pull the room together you'll get to see everything!

 
 
Moving right along...
 
Now, what about this amazing holiday party? Well, you can read more about it here.
 
 
I am hosting the Home for the Holidays Linky Party with some pretty awesome women. The party is will be a series for the rest of this month through December and the first day is today! Our first host is Lorraine from Miss Flibbertigibbet! Do any of you follow her? Heard of her? She is one talented woman and is sharing holiday recipes over at her place today. If you've got something to share...hop on over and link up! And don't forget to leave a comment or even follow to show Miss Flibb some love! You seriously won't regret it!
 
And, here's a button for you if you'd like to share it over on your blog, FB page, Instagram, Pinterest...did I miss anything? Ha!
 
linkparty5button
 
Can't wait to see all the yummy goodness everyone links up!
 
 
 
Party on!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts