Our bedroom, currently


Back in August, I shared my plans for tweaking our bedroom. It's taken me awhile, but I bought and painted a metal headboard I found on Kijiji, re-painted our night stands a bright orange-y coral and gilded the hardware, switched up our bedding, and added some new wall art.


The 'You + Me = Awesome' poster was on my Christmas wish list. I did the framing. It's a nice reminder that I've got a great partner and it also balances out the large map of Iceland (from our honeymoon) on the other side of the bed.



I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out how to disguise the off-center window behind the bed. I finally just decided to let it be and I *think* I'm happy with it. I have throw pillows to add back to the bed at some point, but between Hannah's pack 'n play and the exercise ball (still part of the bedtime routine) extra pillows are not happening in our room right now.

A few shots of the rest of the room, just because.




The frames on the dresser are filled with personal photos - a couple of wedding photos and one from our engagement shoot. The scalloped frame in front - complete with clearance sticker - will be filled soon, just waiting to get the print.

As a reminder, here's what the room looked like when we moved in (complete with a couple of textured walls - blech).







I'd still like to find a colourful rug and a bench for the end of the bed, but I have a feeling that finding the "right" pieces will take awhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts