An organized, but still unfinished, closet

After I finally got around to painting my closet, I took some time to sort through my clothes - again - and added a few more things to the giant bin of clothes-I-can't-wear-right-now in our basement. Although I'm working on getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight (why does it have to be so hard?!), between those extra pounds and breastfeeding, I can't wear a lot of my clothes right now. Some twisted part of me thought it would be motivating to see those clothes hanging in my closet, but it turns out it's just depressing.


Also, organizing my closet is on my list of goals this year. I don't have a dresser, so this little closet works pretty hard for me. By getting rid of some clothes, I was able to make space for my DIY jewellery holder and a shadow box displaying mementos from our wedding.


The shoe organizer is from Adam's parents (it was sitting unused in their garage). I've had it for awhile, but I decided to dress it up with pretty wrapping paper and Modge Podge.


It doubles as a place to store my jewellery boxes (I just finished a little DIY project for the empty spot next to them, which I'll share soon as soon as I snap a few pictures).


All that's left to do now is install the baseboard and quarter round. Unfortunately yesterday I started painting our lower kitchen cabinets and we're hosting a family dinner tomorrow night (she says as if it was not completely her own doing), so the pressure's on to clean up that mess first!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts