Digging a patio


Happy Monday, friends! I don't know about you, but I had one of those too-much-to-do-and-not-enough-weekend, weekends. The weather was gorgeous all weekend long, so I shouldn't complain.

As you can see in the picture above, one project we made some time for was the digging of our future patio. We weren't able to devote as much time to it as I would've liked (that Hannah's a real attention hog) and all the rocks and roots meant it was slower going than I would have liked, too (apparently I wanted this to be one of those "quick and easy" patio digs). The finished patio will be around 15.5 ft. x 9.5 ft. - small, but just big enough for us.


Sadly, this is the best 'before' picture I have. Always clean your camera lens BEFORE you take photos, people. The pavers will end right before the row of cedars, but the pea stone will extend just beyond them (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can see the type of patio we're building here).

Our house is on a corner lot, so our backyard faces our neighbour's parking area. While we wait for our cedars to grow, my MIL suggested installing some outdoor curtains for privacy. Brilliant, right?

via Sunset
Instead of the heavy duty poles above, I want to DIY a few portable poles like the ones Dana made for her patio lights. Ours just need to be sturdy enough to hold curtains without toppling over.

But first, more digging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts