Photo inspiration + my favourite Father's Day tips

via

I had a great first week at my new job, but I couldn't be happier that the weekend is here: I'm exhausted! So it's probably no surprise that I was drawn to this cozy-looking hammock. And did you spot that glass of wine in the background? Heaven.

We're supposed to get some sunshine this weekend (finally!), so we're hoping to do some more work on the patio. And I'll finally have a chance to snap some 'after' shots of the guest room headboard (I love it, guys).  But most importantly, we're going to celebrate Adam's first Father's Day!

I came across this article with tips on celebrating Dad's first Father's Day a little while ago and it really struck a chord with me. I tend not to like gift guides; the people I love never seem to fit into those narrow gift guide categories. And I really hate how they can make it feel like both Mother's Day and Father's Day were designed to reinforce outdated gender stereotypes (it turns out not all Dads are sporty tech guys who love to BBQ). Rant aside, I think these tips are applicable to celebrating any Father's Day, whether it's his first or his fifteenth, so make sure you check it out.

Happy weekend and Happy Father's Day!


P.S. Now that I'm back at work full-time, I've decided to switch up the format of my Friday posts. I don't have a lot of time to get lost on the Internet these days and I want to post links because I think they're really worth sharing, not just because it's Friday. So, I'm going to try sharing just one or two links each week instead of the usual five or six. Quality over quantity. I hope you understand :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts