Photo inspiration + weekend links

Pinterest via Simply Grove

I'm loving this kid-friendly dining space by Design Development. As Hannah gets older, I'm increasingly drawn to spaces that not only look great, but can also stand up to the constant abuse that kids dole out (Hannah's only 10 months old and our dining table already needs a makeover!). It's also an example of an accent wall done right, in my book. That gives me an idea...

Today is my last day with an organization I've worked for since I completed my MPA degree more than five years ago. On Monday, I'll start a challenging new role that will give me the opportunity to learn a whole new set of skills in a new field. I'm excited, and a little scared. Change is good, but it's also hard. Luckily, I just started reading Sheryl Sandberg's book, Lean In, and it's given me a huge boost of confidence as I move forward. If you haven't had a chance to read it, I would highly recommend getting your hands on a copy.

It looks like we're in for some wet weather this weekend, which means we won't be able to work on the patio (I can't decide if that disappoints or relieves me). Not to worry, I've got painting plans :)

Have a great weekend! Here are a few links to get you started:

-Our mayor debuts his own - much less controversial - video. Vote for Halifax, pretty please?
-These celebrity look-a-likes are scarily bang on.
-Exciting news for the AGNS.
-Anthropologie-inspired DIY projects to try this weekend (I love #19 and #33 kind of blows my mind).
-This would make a sweet gift for the gardener in your life.
-Locals: make sure you check this out this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts