black vs. white




When we first moved in, I painted the railing high gloss black. Over the years it has shown signs of wear so over the weekend I primed it so I could repaint it high gloss black in latex. But when I primed it - I debated whether high gloss white would be a refreshing change? I posted it to Instagram and Facebook and the majority weighed in with the choice of black - some pointing out that white will show dirt way more. Which kind of sealed the deal - so I'm going to go back to painting it high gloss black. But I still kind of love the white railing..... Ugh. Thoughts?

Ps., You can also see what else is getting a change in the background of these pictures...I've grown tired of the pillows on the bench in the kitchen and I'm on the hunt for something new.

*I bought Jet Black from Benjamin Moore to paint the railing and it looks grey - anything BUT Jet black. Ugh. So I'm going to go on the hunt for just basic high gloss black. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts