Painted planter


Over the weekend, I gave a large terracotta pot taking up space in our garage a quick makeover. The old homeowners left it behind, and while I wasn't a fan of the 3D wheat, it was a nice size and weight.


Rather than get rid of it, I decided to try painting it. One coat of black paint - Sico's 'Grand Piano' - was all it took, and in 10 minutes I had a brand new planter. Hannah and I braved a crazy downpour on Saturday morning to go to Home Depot, where we picked up potting soil and a few plants - including my old favourite, lavender.


The different plant heights look a little funny right now, but give the lavender some time to fill in and start blooming (some sun would help!) and I think it's going to look - and smell - great.


What are you planting these days?

P.S. Happy 4th to all my American family, friends and readers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts