Favorite Things | Around Our Home



Right now, everything around our home is a project.
 
For the past few months I have been playing virtual musical chairs and well, kinda literal musical chairs, around the house.
 
My hubby, well...let's just say he still doesn't get it.
 
Since everything is still a bit hodge podge and not ready for the cover of House Beautiful, Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens or the like, I thought I'd show you a few things around the house that I just love.


 
Being in a rental is not exactly easy when it comes to decorating. Luckily we have some awesome landlords who allow me to experiment from time to time. Since they are okay with us hanging things on the walls and making small holes {which I am VERY thankful for} I am putting up gallery walls all over the place. This typography art is the beginning of the study area in our living space.
 
The style of the house is a 1950's ranch. The layout isn't the the best and the entry, living and dining are practically one small space combined. Once all of the restyling and moving around and purchasing of furniture is complete, I will have to show you around.

 
Here's another fave. Vintage books and a brass magnifying glass.
I purchased the books from Melaine over at My Sweet Savannah for only $7. Thought they would be great for layering and adding height. They were!




Aaaaah, the infamous antlers. You can read more about these here. I think I am going to move these from our dining area to the frame wall below and perhaps add a few different types of antlers all around the frames to add a touch of classic whimsy to that wall.
 
They just may be my favorite of all and I love how the gold contrasts with the Iron Ore from Sherwin Williams.
 
 
If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw that yesterday I got a little "Homegoods Happy" with the next two purchases. I bought this Aztec style stool for $20 and actually thought it was a deep gray. Got home and realized it was a dark navy. Darn.
Oh well! Still love it and I know I can work it in.

 
As a pillow, perhaps? Ha! Now, I to find out where I can find THIS SAME EXACT pillow...and two of them.

 
This is our new baby. I say that since our kids are in love with it, especially our youngest, Grayson. Honestly, it's one of the softest things I have ever felt aside from a real rabbit. Pretty amazing.

 
It's faux fur, of course. But if looks and feels SO real.
 
 And last but not least, these frames above our sofa. I purchased these from Target. They are from the Threshold line and I love the natural wood. This is where I mentioned placed antlers. Two on top or one beside each photo, what do you think?
 


So those are a few things I am loving around our place.
 
If you've followed for a while, you can see that my style is changing just a bit. A little less farmhouse and a little more modern eclectic. I like to call it Rustic Chic. Or, maybe "Country Glam". What do you think? What are some of your favorites in your house? I'd love to hear!

Are you following me on Facebook, Instagram? Let's talk about it there, shall we?

Hope you all have had an amazing week!

Be sure and hop back over tomorrow for our 1,000 IG follower giveaway with The Charming Farmer!
 
 
 
 You don't want to miss it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts