We Can Do It Cheaper - Shelve It Up!

The Virginia House






Well the sickness has departed (though Internet info says it can be contagious up to 2 weeks. Say-Whuu?!). Let us mark that grossness off our "to-do" list for the next few years! I just thought I had laundry before! Try having a 3 year old throwing up about 20 times in one night. I may never catch up with that mountain.



Sooo, it's already time for We Can Do It Cheaper again! I have been working like a mad dog the last two weeks since my oldest sister sprung a quick visit on us and had never seen my house before.



One of the projects I managed to complete is my shelf idea that popped into my head around 3am one morning. I had previously fallen in love with this one from PB....



But, since it is $350 and I don't have that saved up in my penny jar yet... weeell, I had to go a different route.



To all of you out there that also love this PB shelf, it really would be easy to make, I just chose to do my own version since I also wanted hooks.

I decided to go with a double stack, faux crown molding since I am not real thrilled about cutting real crown molding angles and such.

I already had the large board on hand, so I just purchased a piece of baseboard and another of window casing, then a plain piece of narrow trim to top it off.

The hooks are from Hobby Lobby of course, and were half off, making them $1.50 each! They were black, so I slapped some white paint on them, sanded them down then rubbed stain over them.

I still have a certain fear respect of the nail gun, so my husband graciously nailed it all together for me. (he's peering over my shoulder making sure he gets credit, love him for that)

I wanted a very rustic, rough look so I pieced some of the trim together (ok, so I messed up! But I love it!)and didn't sand down the rough spots prior to painting.

(The "1,2,3" pictures are about to go in My Etsy Store for anyone who is interested!)

I darkened this next picture so you can see better detail and color.I put on a coat of gray first then white and lightly sanded it to get the perfect (for me!)look.



My total cost? Approximately $17! Now that, I do have in my penny jar. Well, I did, I spent it though. You get the idea. Go Link Up Already!



Sorry I didn't get to comment on each of your links last week!

Remember that someone from this week will be featured next week!

1. Only link your post, not your blogs address!

2. Be sure to take that button at the top with you so that everyone can know where you're linking up!

3. Please only link crafts, DIY projects and the like. I don't want to delete your link!


Photobucket







Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg








Beyond The Picket Fence

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Furniture Feature Fridays

Visit thecsiproject.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts