Vintage Stool Redo - First 2011 Project!

Officially I started this last year but the finishing touches were just completed so I'm counting this as a 2011 project.
You may or may not remember this stool that I posted here a few months back.

I had every intention of getting busy on it right away, but I didn't account for the morning all day sickness and my sudden attachment to our living room sofa that comes with pregnancy. (you would think I would learn by the 3rd one)

So not only did I finally finish this little stool, but this also marks the start of my baby room redo since I am planning on putting this in there.(more on that next week!)

Here she is.

I started by removing 4,982 nails from the cushion and such. I then cleaned it up, sanded it a little and covered it in paint.

A medium rare distressing was then applied and some light glazing to the nooks to complete the look.

Then came the cushion... I had no idea what I was doing so the whole tutorial thing is out. Although if you are lucky enough to come across a bench/stool like this and also have no idea how to put a new seat in, feel free to email me! I did learn a few things. The problem is that unlike when you recover a seat cushion on a chair, this has no board to attach the fabric to. You have to just nail it straight to the frame.
So it was a bit of a challenge, but after trying a few things then I got the hang of it.

So there you have it. My old fashioned, estate sale find... all redone! I am very pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to see how the rest of the room ends up as well.
Now if only I could finish my laundry pile. Have I said that before?
Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays
WhisperWood Cottage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts