Pool House - Phase 4 or Something Like That

Did I ever mention that I like to do things as quickly and cheaply as possible? There are no 10 step programs for me. Paint drying before you add another coat? Nah!
I often regret my hastiness but most times I am happy that I got it done in 10 seconds flat.

So, let me tell you about my pool house floor. Originally I wanted a beautiful white and gray checked floor. It was awesome in my head, but as I started to read about all the steps of painting a concrete floor and the price of it all... well I wavered.
Viola! Another one of my brilliant sisters mentions the idea of painting bricks on the floor. Hmmmm, sounded good. As I looked at ideas then I saw an even better idea, stained brick floors.

Keep in mind that this floor is very rough, very uneven and being that it is a pool house then it also gets very wet. So the whole painting thing was never a very good idea. This was so easy and I only spent $2 on it!! I bought a run-of-the mill sponge from Wal-Mart (auto department) and cut it in the shape of a brick. Then I used some red wood stain leftover from the previous owners.
It actually looks better in real life and once its used a bit I think it will give it a more weathered, aged look.


My old peg board that I made has also found a home as well and seems to be enjoying himself. We use him all the time and he looks good with all kinds of things hanging from him!
Next step, finish the trim and another little building project I have planned for storage in here. Stay tuned!

By the way, I am one of four sisters (and two brothers) and I find them a great source of idea's when I need help. Never be afraid to use ALL your resources:-)

Join me tomorrow for We Can Do It Cheaper!!

Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts