Kitchen Colors and Dreams

No I have not died or quit blogging. My mom is visiting from Virginia and so it's kinda like I'm on vacation too.
*Sigh* *blush* I also don't have a whole lot of projects going on right now.... kinda leaves me with a little bit of nuth'n to blog about.

I am planning on starting on a playhouse kinda like this one for my boys any day now.

I'm also getting ready to start painting my kitchen cabinets. Which brings us to the main subject. Let us once again refresh the memory card with what my kitchen did look like.

It then progressed to this (see below). While it is a little better, it still wasn't me.

The dining room has moved on, but the kitchen had reached a stalemate and still looks like the above photo.

Until last night. My husband added an extension to the top which (though unpainted) makes me start to hear those first few notes of the Hallelujah Chorus. Ummm, please excuse the stuff you see peaking up from the counter tops. That's why I cropped the picture.

It is truly amazing the height that this has added. I was also overjoyed to receive my samples in the mail from Caromal Colours today. Let me show you which ones I'm looking at.

I'm wanting to do white on the top.

Then one of these colors on the bottom. The Cobblestone is a greenish gray color.

The putty is... putty colored.

Here are some of my two tone inspiration pictures found on google image search.



And some more of the pictures that have inspired my kitchen.
Ana Williamson Architect-Princeton Road traditional kitchen

Some colors....
buttrickwong contemporary kitchen

Some styles....
Lettered Cottage kitchen traditional kitchen

Some great ideas....
The Old Painted Cottage traditional dining room


Pantry & Baking Center traditional kitchen

hhbradys ideabook kitchen eclectic kitchen

All beautiful!

So, that's the plan. Oh, and I want to add a new light in the kitchen since florescent lights give me hives and make me think gloomy things.

CSNSTORES
Both very neat, but very different. Price difference too. Makes a difference.
CSNSTORES(sorry about the small picture, I got lazy.)
What do you think?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts