Master bedroom tweaks

I thought I'd take a little break from Christmas posts (I'm sharing pics of our non-traditional tree tomorrow) to share a few master bedroom updates. I finished painting and hanging the closet doors with the exception of a few touch-ups, which has completely transformed the room (it's also prompted me to start throwing clothes, shoes, belts, etc. onto the floor of my closet and closing the doors - it's a total mess in there). I've gone back and forth on the room's design, but ultimately decided to stick with my original plan for a neutral room. To keep it from being bland and boring, I'm trying to layer different types of fabric, textures and materials. On Monday, I spotted this heavy crystal lamp at HomeSense for half-off. It has a chip on the bottom (which you can't really see because it faces the wall) and came without a shade. Luckily I had a shade at home I wanted to use, so I think it was meant to be. I love the sparkle and shine it adds to our bedroom.


I feel like the dresser is missing something...any suggestions?
Total sidenote: the Stonehenge art is actually a tea towel I stapled to canvas stretcher bars. I used a gift certificate to pick up this charcoal vase over the weekend. I have plans to DIY an upholstered headboard with charcoal fabric and a two-toned glossy white and charcoal chair, so the vase will eventually make more sense in the room. I love its subtle honeycomb pattern.


Finally, I picked up this vintage map on our honeymoon in Iceland and had it plaqued at Costco (I had an art poster from a trip to NYC plaqued there a while ago and was equally thrilled with how it turned out - it's a great way to add affordable, meaningful art to your space). I love maps and it's fun to look over at it while laying in bed and remember our trip.


So there you have it. Have you been making any tweaks lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts