Change is Good...

Wow! It's been a loooong time since I've last updated the blog. Well, things have definitely changed around here since my last post. I am working on getting the blog up and running properly with an awesome chica from here.

After two years on hiatus, in January of this year, I finally decided to come out of hiding and participate in a local craft fair. Now, starting this far ahead of time for a show isn't my normal M.O. BUT remember...change is good.

DSC_0105
View of part of my booth at the fair

DSC_0116
Vintage Hutch SOLD $320
This is a hutch that I refinished for a client. For some reason, I can't  figure out where most of my before pics are so I'll have to post those later but this one was a mess! The after? LOVED it! Most importantly, the client did too!  

The funny thing about this show is that half of the pieces that I sold at this show were either purchased by neighbors (yup, neighbors) or purchased before I even got to take everything over to the fair! There were a  few pieces, however, that were not soooooo I trucked them down to the site. 

It was worth it. I met a lot of awesome people and made some new friends. 


DSC_0114

As many other restoration, junk, refurb lovers who have blazed trails before me, the style of my furniture and refinishing has changed a lot since I started this a few years ago. Still funky. Still fun. More class. Well, at least I think so... *smile*

So, in light of that, I decided to try something new via inspiration from this awesome lady.

Signs. I absolutely love painting them. I was totally terrified at first since the painting is a free hand job after getting the letters on but they turn out way better than I ever expect and are so fun to create!

DSC_0067
Most of these sold but I'll be posting a few in my Etsy shop in a few days.



DSC_0113
Yummy Turquoise Dresser $290 SOLD
Market Sign $30

DSC_0061
Yummy turquoise dresser $290 SOLD (pictured BEFORE holes were closed-LOL)

DSC_0108
Cottage Sign $25 SOLD
Home Sign $25 


DSC_0107

I lucked up here on the island and found a really cool spot called Re-Use Hawai'i. You can read more about them here. They have a warehouse full of salvaged furniture, hardware and other reusable items pulled from demo jobs or donated to them by local contractors, builders, refurbers,etc. Pretty cool place...anyhow, they have a lumber yard FULL of all kinds of salvaged wood. This is what I use to make my signs. Some of them come "raw". Some with layers of paint. Some chippy. Some not. I love them because they all have their own personality and add that special finishing touch to the final product. 

DSC_0115
Antique Dresser $375 SOLD

DSC_0118
"BLESSED" Pennant Style  Decoupaged Banner $12

DSC_0112
Antique Extending Dining Table $320 SOLD



Altogether, it was a great show! I got to meet lots of amazing people and do what I love most-socialize and talk to people about junk!

More to come later. The journey continues...thanks for riding along with m
e! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts