How to turn any pair of jeans into skinnies

Now that Hannah is almost 2 months old, I'm starting to put together a plan to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight. I  know it will take time, but it's hard to be patient when most of my clothes don't fit, especially my jeans. My mom suggested picking up some cheap jeans so I would feel more comfortable, so while I was staying with Adam's parents last weekend, my mother-in-law and I made a quick stop at Frenchy's (quick because Hannah had her first public meltdown - we survived).

For those who don't know, Frenchy's is a chain of used clothing stores across Nova Scotia and some of the best ones are in the Annapolis Valley (where Adam's parents and my mom live). The one we go to (Guy's in Coldbrook if you're local) usually has tons of great stuff from labels I love, like Gap and Banana Republic, and labels I love but that aren't available in stores here, like J. Crew, Express, LOFT, and The Limited - often with the tags still on. It helps to go with an experienced Frenchy's shopper (digging through bins of clothes to find the good stuff is a bit of a skill) and Adam's mom is like the master yogi of Frenchy's shopping. Anyway, I found three pairs of jeans (including a pair of Citizens), but they were all bootcut and I wanted skinny. I decided to turn them into skinny jeans with my sewing machine and it was so easy to do I thought I would share!


To start, I laid a pair of skinny jeans I already owned on top of my Frenchy's jeans and marked the leg line with pins.


Using my sewing machine, I stitched along this line (when I got to the thigh, I just stitched along the existing seam the rest of the way up the leg). You can trim the excess fabric if you want, but I just left it and I don't notice it at all.


And that's it! In less than five minutes I had a new pair of skinnies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts