busy doesn't equate success


Sorry for the radio silence. Moving back into the house is awesome, but at nights (when I normally blog) I'm painting ceilings, tidying up, and focusing on getting my shop open. Hopefully that will end soon and I can just sit and enjoy everything.

You may have seen this New York Times article on "The Busy Trap" where Time Krieder writes about society relishing in being "busy" and Krieder advocates a more balanced lifestyle. Reading it last night I felt some comfort - I've just recently come to realize that being busy doesn't equate success. Something that I think I really believed up until this past month.

I think I have to keep reminding myself that one doesn't have to always be "busy". I haven't been bored in a long time and I think I need to make an effort to be bored. I'm cutting back a bit on work that pulls too much from my family, and putting more effort into my little shop that I adore. I'm also going to make an effort to just chill out. :) Anyhow, the New York Times article was worthwhile to share, so I thought you may enjoy. xo Lindsay
Ps., This list that I read  found it via Nicole's Blog was also a refreshing reminder as a blogger.

Photo via Mimi + Meg's Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts