Summer road trip

Because we just may be crazy, Adam and I decided to take a whirlwind road trip through Quebec and Ontario (crazy because I'm 7+ months pregnant). The drive turned out to be no big deal - I used a pillow to keep my back from getting sore and stretched out in the back seat for a few naps as needed (well, as much as you can stretch out in a Nissan Versa anyway). We had The Hunger Games trilogy audiobooks to keep us entertained, along with loads of snacks (pretty much my favourite part about road trips). Here are a few photos snapped along the way:




  1. Driving through Quebec on day one. I totally understand why they call it "la belle province".
  2. Pretty flowers at Montreal's Atwater Market.
  3. Mmmm...Montreal, you make good pastries.
  4. View of the city from atop "the mountain".
  5. Checking out the Plants and Animals show at NXNE in Toronto.
  6. Posing with Niagara Falls.
  7. Consoling ourselves with Thai food after learning that the Radiohead show had been cancelled.
  8. And then checking out the free Flaming Lips show instead. Also overheard a fellow concert-goer not-so-quietly commenting to her friend about me: "She's really pregnant. She should be wearing better shoes."
  9. After a quick visit with friends in Kingston (I can't wait to share the photos of their amazing bathroom reno with you guys!), we made our way home (stopping in NB for the night - we're not that crazy!).
  10. Arrived home to find these beautiful peonies blooming in our garden (alongside loads of weeds, sigh). I'm enjoying their delicious scent as I type this :)

We had a great trip - with amazing weather - and got to squeeze in a few visits with friends and family along the way. Of course, it's always nice to come home, too. Do you have any road trips planned this summer?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts