Re-purposing...Your Purpose.

Purpose. It's kind of a big deal. For many of us, purpose calls us to wake up each morning with  the expectancy of bigger and greater things to come. Purpose, for some, is realized through an affectionate and much needed hug, a few dollars to a stranger in need, or the simple gift of a smile to someone who just needed to know He. Still. Cares...

I mean, we know purpose is a big deal to God. He tells us so..."For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. To give you a hope and a future." {Jeremiah 29:11}

God's word is full of PURPOSE. Jesus came for a PURPOSE. Moses led the Israelites for a PURPOSE. David slayed Goliath for a PURPOSE. Ruth saved her people for a PURPOSE. You get it...my point is, purpose can define a single moment in your life and THAT moment can REDEFINE, RE-PURPOSE, if you will...well...your purpose.  

You see, God wasn't surprised when David defeated his enemy nor was He caught off guard when Ruth stepped out. I am certain He was cheering each of them on as they walked into their "defining moments". Why? Because He created them with all of that in mind.


This week I was reminded, once again, of how completely refreshing and therapeutic it is to re-purpose furniture and breathe new life into things long forgotten. Just as I strip layers of old life away on each and every piece that I redo, God continues to peel layers away in my very own life.


As many of you know, our family has led a full life this past year. We moved from Hawaii to Seattle, left the comfy military life of the Air Force to live life as "civilians" and added yet another awesome little human to our family. Life is good, indeed. We are blessed and realize more and more each day how deep God's love is for us and how simple, yet amazingly extravagant, His purpose is for our lives. 


I've spent a lot of time the past few weeks thinking about my business (Restoration House) and how it will marry with what I know God has called our family to do-what I am to do. I used to think that I would have to let it go. I thought that, in order to fulfill my destiny, I would need to choose. Funny thing is, I don't have to. It's all part of my purpose. And I think that's pretty amazing.

So, in this world of DIY, junk and refurbishing, I have found that not only does my passion lie in seeing old things become new but also in seeing others ignite and revive those hopes and dreams squelched by the monotony of everyday life. I have an eye for design but a heart for life transformations. In my world, those two have collided into a great purpose. 



Cheering you on,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts