TGIF


It's been a long week. Between work, rehearsals and shows for HPX, Adam has been super busy and I've been on full-time Hannah duty. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with the bean, but she barely sleeps during the day. It's hard enough to find time to feed myself, throw in a load of laundry or vacuum the living room, let alone time to tackle a DIY project or, you know, actually relax. I know it sounds like I'm being dramatic, but I swear an entire day goes by and all I've done is feed and change Hannah and take the dog for a walk. Then I look around at the laundry that needs to be washed or folded or put away, the floors that need vacuuming and all the crap that needs tidying, and I feel like crying.*

Seriously, how do moms do it all?

Luckily my mom showed up yesterday to help, so I was finally able to hang the vintage mirror she brought me back from Vermont in the guest room (top left). It's huge and gorgeous and I love it. Did I mention that it was only $35?

I also finally got around to hanging my Ikea curtain wire in Adam's studio (bottom). The posters are just placeholders for now (it would be kind of weird to only display your own show posters, no?), but I'm looking forward to digging through our art collection (that makes it sound much more impressive than it actually is) to create a semi-permanent display. The beauty of the curtain wire is that we can easily switch it up as we go. Oh, and in case you're wondering where I got an Ikea curtain wire in Halifax, I ordered it through Amazon, had it shipped to my father in the US and he mailed it to me. Thanks Dad!

Speaking of Ikea, I've been using their kitchen planning tool to play around with layout options for my brother-in-law's kitchen remodel (top right). Adam's brother and his soon-to-be wife aren't planning to use Ikea cabinets, but the planning tool is still a good way to get a feel for what is and isn't possible in the room (I know there are lots of planning tools out there, I just find Ikea's the easiest to work with).

Anyone else thankful for Friday? Have a great weekend!


*Thanks for letting me vent. I really do know how lucky I am to be able to stay home with Hannah for the next several months. I'm incredibly grateful and we're doing great, but we're still figuring it out, too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts