Photo inspiration + links for your weekend

source: House of Turquoise

What's not to love about this Spanish living room? The space is so serene, and I'm seriously coveting those wood floors! We installed medium-dark wood floors upstairs, but lately I've been thinking that I'd like to do something different downstairs. I love how rustic and warm these floors are, and the wide plank...swoon. I wonder if we could find something similar, with tones that relate to, but don't match, the flooring upstairs. Where do you stand on mixing hardwoods? I'm thinking it probably looks great when done right, but doing it right is the tricky part.

Here are your links!

-Remember those polka dot cupcakes I shared recently? The recipe is available in English now (thanks Anna!). Am I the only one who's never heard of steam baking before?
-If you haven't watched this show yet, you should.
-I bet you never had a term paper assignment like this in college.
-A great post from Emily Henderson on how to choose your perfect colour palette. Definitely worth reading. Twice.
-This would make a great DIY gift for kids.
-I'll bet the guy who called the Christmas tree a "passing fad" feels like an idiot. 

Speaking of Christmas trees, we're getting ours this weekend - pictures to come! Have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts