DIY gilded geodesic vase


I spotted this vase at Value Village several months ago. The colour was pretty boring, but the shape reminded me of some geodesic accessories I'd been coveting (spotted here) and I figured I could easily spray paint it.


So I took it home, put it on a shelf and forgot about it until the weather was too cold for spray painting. Dammit, self. Luckily I had discovered gilding by then and in less than 5 minutes I had this beauty (well, more like 10 if you include transplanting time).


I used the same bottle of Martha Stewart's bronze liquid gilding that I used here and here (I also used it on a picture frame - not the one seen here - and still have plenty left, so I'm going to go ahead and say the tiny bottle is well worth its $11.99 price tag). 

{Are we the only people who still have a landline?}

I wanted to apply a clear gloss finish, but Adam said he liked the matte look so I left it (I think he was right anyway). I also re-painted my thrifted wooden tray and finished that with my clear gloss spray (I needed something glossy). I liked the blue, but the white works better in our living room now that I've switched a few things around. I need to take some updated pictures for you guys, but I'm waiting for a certain giant rug to arrive first :)

BTW, I just looked back at my pictures when I first put my DIY message center together...what happened to all the pens?!?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts