Renewed, Upcycled, Recycled , Cube Footstool

I can't even begin to tell you how long I've wanted to do this sort of project.
Let us hear the story of how it came to be...
 
So Derek and the two older boys went on a men & boys camping trip this last weekend.
Fun for them, fun for me.
Now those of you who have been around for a while will remember I have a third son.
My in laws (who are awesome btw) called and asked if they could keep him for the day.
I may have interrupted them before they finished asking with a hearty yes!
 
I love my kids.
I do.
But in the back of my mind I've been wishing for a trip to HomeGoods.
I wanted it to be the kind of trip that memories are made of.
But not the kind where memories must be paid for because they were accidentally broken.
 
I browsed through HomeGoods at my leisure.
I. looked. At. Everything.
Twice.
At the end of my browsing then I set one measly item on the counter and asked if they could mark it down even more for me since the lid was missing.
They did.
Nice people those HomeGooders.


I rushed home with my burn-your-eyeballs-pink-cube.
I yanked out my burlap coffee bag that I had been hoarding for just such a moment.
(Not sure who I was hoarding it from? Perhaps myself?)
I realized as I lovingly draped my coffee friend over the pink cube that the pink cube was still showing through.
I ran outside with my pink cube and quickly sprayed it down with some black spray paint.
Then I went to stapling....
 
 
 
The lid was next.
Not very exciting.
I cut.
I screwed my planks to another piece of wood.
I stained.
I stuffed.
I stapled.
I banged tacks around it. 


 
And I was happy.
Photobucket

Visit thecsiproject.com

Visit thecsiproject.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts