My first upholstery project + the right way to DIY

You guys are the best. Seriously. Thanks so much for your advice about my outdoor table dilemma. I'm going to try your suggestions this weekend, so I should have an update for you next week!

In other news, this was delivered to my house last night:

seller's photo

I've been itching to try an upholstery project, but I needed something low-risk (ahem, low pressure) for my first go. This chair seemed like a safe bet - let's hope I don't end up regretting those words!

I thought about painting the frame, but after searching for inspiration on Pinterest, I'm now leaning toward refinishing the wood (ugh). I'm also drawn to bright fabrics and bold prints (although the neutral rocker below is pretty sweet). Here's some of what's inspiring me:

Clockwise from top: 1, 2, 3, 4
 
What do you think?

P.S. If you've ever tackled a home improvement project with your significant other, this will make you laugh.

Happy weekend! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts