Our family photo shoot

I shared a sneek peak with you a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd follow up with a few more photos from our family photoshoot in July. They were shot by Chelle Wootten of Chelle Wootten Photography, along with her husband and business partner, Adam. I really can't recommend this pair highly enough - they're seriously awesome!
 
Before I get to the photo dump, I want to share a quick note about the baby weight. Losing it has been a difficult struggle for me. Despite exercising and eating well, I had a really hard time losing weight while I was breastfeeding (not what they tell you, I know). Now that I've weaned Hannah, I'm starting to make progress, but I still have another 15 or so pounds to go.
 
I'm not telling you this because I'm looking for reassuring comments about how good I look, but because I know a lot of (all?) women struggle with their body image and I want to be honest about how these photos came to be. The truth is that I kept putting them off because I wanted to wait until I'd lost more weight. When I finally accepted that losing the baby weight was going to take a lot longer than I'd planned, I decided I'd put them off long enough. I'm trying to remember that this is a stage, just like any other, and I should document it like I would any other, too. Now that I've seen the photos, I'm so glad I did. They're a good reminder that whatever weight I'm at, I have a pretty awesome family that I couldn't be more grateful for. Priorities!
 
Anyway, onto the photos. I know there are quite a few, but believe it or not, this is me restraining myself :)
 

 


 

 
 


 
 
All photos by Chelle Wootten Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts