Painted brick seeks high impact art

 
While we hem and haw about picking a date to have the drywall finished, I figured I should address one easy-to-fix eyesore: the partially painted chimney that separates our kitchen from our living room. I broke out my paint brush and managed to finish it over a couple of evenings (it's a small area, but those mortar joints take forever!). Three of the chimney's four sides are now painted. I'd like to paint the kitchen side too, but Adam wants to keep it natural (my objection is that it's an orange-y 60's brick and I think painting it white will modernize and brighten up the entire kitchen).
 
The newly painted brick is the first thing you see when you walk downstairs, so it needs some art - something that will make us smile day after day. Here are some ideas that have my wheels turning - what would you do?
 
via

via

via

via

via
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts