Sunday Night Inspiration | Continue




Hi Friends!

Welcome back to Sunday Night Inspiration! If this is your first time joining us, I welcome you to join me each week for an evening read filled with encouragement and inspiration to get your week started off right!
 
I began this series a couple of months back after feeling led to do so and each week it is SO refreshing to get feedback from all of you that you've been encouraged and your cups have been filled up! My mission in this series is to empower you along the way to be the wife, husband, friend, sister, daughter, son, PERSON you have been called to be...one post at a time. My desire, and more importantly, God's desire is to see you walk right smack dab into your calling and purpose in life with arms wide open.
 
I've been thinking a lot lately. {You know, right? LOL} One of the things I've been meditating on is my life and how over again God has never failed. Never. Even when I thought He did...I am reminded, HE DID NOT. And He never will.
 
Are you guys catching a theme here in this series? I sure hope so!
 
Phillippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. NLT

You see that? Paul writes to the believers in Philippi a note...an empowering, encouraging note. His first words are "I am certain...". And further into the passage there's the word "continue".

God's work in you and in your life is CERTAIN to CONTINUE. Let's look more closely at that word continue:
  1. keep going: to last, or make something last, beyond the present or throughout a period of time
  2. not stop: to keep up an activity or state already begun
  3. start something again: to start doing something again after an interruption or pause
Originally I was only going to post one of these definitions but they are all just too good! 
Continue: keep going.
Continue: to last
Continue: beyond the present
Continue: not stop.

Come on guys! Ya gotta get excited with me, friends! He {our God} who began a GOOD work in all of us...is faithful to CONTINUE: NOT STOP, KEEP GOING, MAKE IT LAST until the VERY END. Until COMPLETION. Until the end of the end.
 
And for those of you who wonder if you've messed up that work He began...continue also means to start again. {see definition number 3}
 
His faithfulness...continues. His goodness...continues. His love...continues.
His mercy and grace...continue. IN YOU.
 
Don't give up. He's doing something great. Promise.





XO,
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts