Glitter pine cone DIY

With last week's snow storm and December right around the corner, I was in the mood to start my Christmas decorating over the weekend. I started by adding some tall branches with bright red berries to my mostly-white mantle and then decided to try an easy and inexpensive holiday craft I'd spotted around the internets: glitter pine cones.

I picked up a few packs of cinnamon-scented pine cones at the dollar store ($2 for a pack of five pine cones) and a small bottle of gold glitter ($1). With a small foam brush, I applied glue to the edges of the pine cones, then sprinkled them with glitter and left them to dry. I had a couple of hurricane vases we used to display flowers for our wedding, so I filled them with my sparkly pine cones and - instant holiday decor! It's also a great craft for kids - provided you don't mind a house full of glitter :)




Linked up to:
Holiday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts